South Cowichan Youth Softball
2022 Season Info - Early Bird Reg Deadline Mar 30
|Born 2016||Code: 40980||Sat 9 AM|
|Born 2015||Code: 40981||Sat 9:30 AM & Mon night|
|Born 2013 - 2014||Code: 40983||Sat 11 AM & Weds night|
|Born 2011 - 2012||Code: 40984||Sat 12:45 PM & Thurs night|
|Born 2008 - 2010||Code: 40985||Sat 2:30 PM & Tues night|
|Born 2003 - 2007||Code: 40986||Weds night & Fri night|
While we do our best to accommodate player requests, nothing is guaranteed. The top priority at the start of the season is to create balanced teams for each age group. Requests that prevent this from being achieved will not be accommodated.
Withdrawals must take place a minimum of one (1) week prior to the season start date in order to receive a full refund. If a withdrawal request is received after the season start date, a prorated refund will be given up until April 19. No refunds will be given after April 19, unless we can fill your space with a wait-listed participant. All withdrawals are subject to a $5 administration fee.
Player Code of Conduct:
- I will play by the rules and respect my opponents.
- I will remember that having fun, improving skills, and doing my best are more important than winning.
- I will be an encouraging and supportive teammate.
- I will play softball because I want to, not because my parents or coaches want me to.
- I will remember that coaches and officials are there to help me and will accept and respect their decisions.
- I will agree to play fair.
Parent Code of Conduct:
- I will remember that my child plays sport for their enjoyment, not for mine.
- I will encourage my child to play by the rules and to resolve conflicts in a peaceful and respectful manner.
- I will teach my child that doing one’s best is more important than winning, so that my child will never feel defeated by the outcome of a game/event.
- I will never ridicule or yell at my child for making a mistake or losing a competition.
- I will remember that children learn best by example. I will applaud good plays and performances by both my child’s team and their opponents.
- I will not force my child to participate in sports.
- I will never question the official’s judgment or honesty in public.
- I will help provide an environment for my team that is free of drugs, tobacco, and alcohol.
- I will support all efforts to remove verbal and physical abuse from children’s sporting activities.
- I will respect and show appreciation for the volunteer coaches who give their time to provide sport activities for my child, understanding that I have a responsibility to be a part of my child’s development.
Participants must bring their own glove AND helmet. Face masks for the helmets are mandatory for the following age groups: Intermediate, Senior, and Major. Face masks are recommended but not mandatory for T-Ball, Intro, and Junior.
Please wear a good pair of runners or baseball shoes.
Location: Kerry Park Sports Fields and Shawnigan Hills Athletic Park
Volunteer coaches are in high demand in all divisions. Commitment, communication skills, and community spirit are key attributes. Experience is appreciated but not required. Email for full details.
Interested youth umpires (aged 14+) are needed for officiating lower divisions. Adult umpires, or experienced youth umpires are in high demand for older divisions. Umpires are required to have a keen understanding of the game, but certification is not required. Umpires are paid. Email for full details.