Group Park Use (Notification)

STOCK - kids birthday


To host a small private event or gathering in a CVRD park, you must submit a Group Use Notification Form. This process is required for private events with less than 40 people attending and no set-up.  Examples include:

  • birthday parties, 
  • small wedding ceremonies; and 
  • other small events. 

If your event is: open to the public, greater than 40 people, requires any set-up (tents, tables, chairs, etc.) or is hosted by an organization, please visit the Special Events & Special Use Permits page of our website for details on how to host a special event in a park. 


Submit Form Online Opens in new window

You can also submit a Group Use Notification Form by email, mail or in-person at 175 Ingram Street, Duncan, V9L 1N8);

Once a Group Use Notification Form is received, CVRD staff will: 

  • review your notification to ensure there are no conflicts with other groups, events or maintenance work; and
  • contact you by email to approve your group use notification, or advise of any conflicts.


While submitting a Group Use Notification does not grant you exclusive use of a park, knowing this information allows us to inform the Parks & Trails operations team about your event. We can also inform you of any construction or closures that may be ongoing, or of any other known activities happening at the park during your event to ensure you have the best experience possible.