What is the Web Map and how do I use it?

The online Web Map allows anyone to search their property and find important information like zoning, OCP designations, development permit areas, service areas and more. To use the Web Map simply go to the Web Map and click on desktop icon (see image #1). From there a disclaimer statement will appear, click 'accept'. The map will launch and show the entire Regional District. To find your property you can either search by scrolling in and navigating to it, or use the address tool or parcel identifier (PID) for bare land (see image #2). Once you have found the property, use the 'identify tool' (top left - see image #3) by clicking on the tool and then on the property. By doing this, information should populate on the left side. From there you can click on any of the items shown in that list for more information. Links to other relevant bylaws are also provided (see image #4). 

  1. launch webmap
  2. searching property
  3. identify
  4. zoning

Show All Answers

1. When do I need a building permit to do work in the Regional District?
2. How do I get a building permit?
3. How much does a permit cost?
4. How can I pay for my building permit?
5. How long does it take to process a building permit?
6. Can I get the permit process started before I have a complete application?
7. How long is a building permit valid?
8. How and when can I request building inspections?
9. What building inspections are required in the CVRD?
10. What time will my Building Official come to do the inspection?
11. Where can I get a copy of the BC Building Code?
12. Do I need a permit for a deck or garden shed?
13. Do you release copies of building inspection records?
14. Where can I find information on my septic system/well?
15. Do I require a building permit for a farm building?
16. I have a general question, who should I talk to?
17. Can I use lumber cut from timber on my property to construct my house or accessory building?
18. What Climate Zone is my property in?
19. What is my Seismic Smax value?
20. What is zoning?
21. What is a Riparian Area?
22. What is the Web Map and how do I use it?
23. What is an accessory dwelling unit?
24. Can I have an accessory dwelling unit?
25. What is a secondary suite?
26. Can I have a secondary suite in my home?
27. What are Development Permit Areas (DPAs)?
28. What is a Development Permit?
29. How do I know if I need a Development Permit?
30. What is a Development Variance Permit?
31. Can I have an Air B&B?
32. Can I cut down a tree (or trees), and do I need a permit?
33. Can I have a 'tiny home'?
34. Does CVRD require compliance with the BC Energy Step Code?
35. What are my Snow Loads?
36. Are there requirements for fence construction?
37. How can I get information on a building file?
38. Do I need a building permit for a pool?