Development Services Division
COVID-19 Service Level Advisory
While CVRD staff continue to process current applications, new applications will also be accepted. As the CVRD Administration office at 175 Ingram Street, is closed due to flood damage, applicants are asked to follow the guidelines below:
- Contact CVRD staff at email@example.com BEFORE submitting an application.
- Development applications (permits, variances, bylaw amendments), including all required supporting documentation, MUST be submitted electronically in PDF format to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Fees may be paid by cheque, debit or cash, in person at the Cowichan Community Centre until such time as the CVRD Administration office reopens. Cheques may also be mailed or couriered.
Development Services Overview
The Development Services Division is responsible for implementing current land use planning standards. Planners within this Division are charged with the task of preparing Zoning Bylaws for each electoral area that set out land use planning standards.
Development Application Process
After an application is received and reviewed by a Planner it may go through a variety of steps prior to final approval/issuance. These may include:
- Referrals to CVRD Departments and External Agencies
- Electoral Area Services Committee (EASC)
- Public Hearing (for Rezoning applications)
- Regional Board
Please refer to the Development Handbook for more information.
Bylaws and Permits
- Agent Authorization File Request Form
- Contaminated Site Profile Schedule 1 and 2
- Covenant Amendment or Release Application Form
- Hazardous Tree Form
- Landscape Bond Form
- Permit Application Form
- Pre-Application Meeting Form
- Sign Permit Application Form
- Special Event Permit Application Form
- Strata Conversion Application Form
- Temp Use Permit Application Form