What is the Web Map and how do I use it?

The online Web Map allows anyone to search their property and find important information like zoning, OCP designations, development permit areas, service areas and more. To use the Web Map simply go to the Web Map and click on desktop icon (see image #1). From there a disclaimer statement will appear, click 'accept'. The map will launch and show the entire Regional District. To find your property you can either search by scrolling in and navigating to it, or use the address tool or parcel identifier (PID) for bare land (see image #2). Once you have found the property, use the 'identify tool' (top left - see image #3) by clicking on the tool and then on the property. By doing this, information should populate on the left side. From there you can click on any of the items shown in that list for more information. Links to other relevant bylaws are also provided (see image #4). 

  1. launch webmap
  2. searching property
  3. identify
  4. zoning

Show All Answers

1. What is zoning?
2. What is the Web Map and how do I use it?
3. What is a Riparian Area?
4. What is subdivision?
5. Can I subdivide?
6. What is an accessory dwelling unit?
7. Can I have an accessory dwelling unit?
8. What is a secondary suite?
9. Can I have a secondary suite in my home?
10. What is an Official Community Plan?
11. What are Development Permit Areas (DPAs)?
12. What is a Development Permit?
13. How do I know if I need a Development Permit?
14. What is a Development Variance Permit?
15. How do I know if I need a Development Variance Permit (DVP)?
16. What is an Official Community Plan (OCP) Amendment?
17. How do I know if I need an OCP Amendment?
18. What is a Rezoning Application?
19. How do I know if I need a Rezoning Application?
20. What is the Board of Variance?
21. Can I have an Air B&B?
22. Can I cut down a tree (or trees), and do I need a permit?
23. Can I have chickens?
24. Can I live in my RV?
25. Do I need a Building Permit?
26. Do I need a Business License?
27. How do I know if my property is within the Agricultural Land Reserve (ALR)?
28. Can I have a 'tiny home'?
29. Can I request a change to the Official Community Plan (OCP)?
30. Can I request a change to my zone?
31. Why can't I find information on accessory buildings, suites, or minimum lot size requirements in the zoning section associated with my property?
32. Are there requirements for fence construction?