Bylaw Complaints

directional row of arrow tiles disrupted by a lightening bolt tile

How to Make a Bylaw Infraction Complaint

Enforcement action is primarily initiated on a complaint basis and the goal of Bylaw Enforcement is voluntary compliance. Queries and complaints can be made during normal business hours of 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., Monday through Friday. 

To make a complaint relating to CVRD Bylaws, it is required that a name, address, and phone number be provided as well as a description of the location (address) and alleged offence. 

All complainants will be contacted to acknowledge receipt of their complaint and provided with an update of any action taken by a Bylaw Enforcement Officer (BEO). 

This information is kept confidential, but is subject to the provisions of the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act (FOIPPA). For additional information, read the CVRD Bylaw Compliance and Enforcement Policy

Bylaw complaints may be made: 

Appeals against CVRD action in relation to bylaw enforcement must be submitted in writing and addressed to the Manager of Building Inspections & Bylaw Enforcement. 

Submit a Bylaw Complaint to us online with our Bylaw Complaint Form.

View All
Bylaw Tips-Talking to Neighbours

Tips for Working it out with Your Neighbours

Do you need to talk with your neighbour about a problem that’s come up between you? Maybe you’ve been meaning to have that talk but aren’t sure how to bring up the issue. Or maybe you’re worried about approaching your neighbour. 
Learn tips from the People's Law School website to help you talk with your neighbour.